Spin supports companies, research centers, engineers and PhD students in the realization of new projects, organizes training courses and hosts thesis students and interns, providing the know-how and assistance needed to develop their work according to the latest scientific advances. We also offer in-depth thematic webinars on specific software or topics in the field of electromagnetism and mechanical design.
Thesis topics academic year 2023
- Vehicle comfort: calculation and measurement of electromagnetic forces and torque oscillations in electric motors
- Hybrid/Electric powertrain analysis: mechatronic system modelling of Hybrid/Electric powertrains for vehicles
- Electric Traction: innovative electric motors for electric vehicles traction
- On-board vehicle’s systems: innovative electric motors for the operation of on-board non-traction vehicle’s systems
- Innovative cooling systems: use of advanced calculation systems for the analysis and sizing of innovative cooling systems
- Reliability: “durability” of the components, thermal and insulation issues for high voltage addressed through simulation and laboratory tests
- Electromechanical design of the rotor of a wound rotor machine
- Predictive maintenance of rotating electrical machines: detection of bearing wear using vibration measurements
- Predictive maintenance of rotating electrical machines: monitoring of electrical quantities to prevent failures
- Application of machine learning techniques to diagnosis and predictive maintenance
- Development of sensorless algorithm for controlling synchronous reluctance motors for pump applications
The topics listed involve different application areas: Automotive, Transport, Aerospace, House appliances, Lifting, Industry equipment, Automation, Energy.
Students will be able to attend training days and other events organized by Spin and interact periodically with staff technicians to learn more about topics of interest and receive training and support in the use of the software.