Synchronous reluctance motor rare-earth free
Spin is keen on developing know-how on reluctance motors: this takes us to produce this kind of motors. We analize it on different points of view: electromagnetic, thermal, mechanical and vibro-acoustic. We also include many tests on prototypes with a sensorless approach.
In this very moment, China has the monopoly of neodymium and rare earths. As we well know these materials are a fundamental part of the permanent magnet production, an essential component in brushless electric motors.
Our work has the solution for this: we just avoid using permanent magnets. It’s rare-earth free!
- Permanent magnets without rare-earths involved: better ecological choice than the brushless alternative
- No sliding contacts
- No demagnetization of permanent magnets
- No uncontrolled generation (UCG), specifically critical in electrical traction applications
- No squirrel cage, reducing rotor’s leaks: this device has such a high efficiency than other synchronous devices
- Good device strenght
- Low production cost
- Low rotor inactivity, guaranteeing a high dynamic response
The synchronous reluctance motor is the best in fault-tolerant applications.
Contact us for more information or to receive the catalog of our reluctance motors.
The synchronous reluctance motor is a solution that avoids permanent magnets and rare earths, and it’s also highly efficient:
- Innovative Design